The Washington State Department of Health received federal funding through the CARES Act in June 2020 to enhance Washington’s annual seasonal flu prevention efforts. The goals of the funding are to increase vaccination coverage and reduce the risk of additional strain on our health care system during the COVID-19 pandemic.
With these funds, the Department of Health launched the Think of It as Essential campaign in mid-September to promote the importance of making the choice to get a flu vaccine this year. As a supplement to the statewide campaign, the materials below are available for partners to use on their communication channels.
Audiences: general, older adults (65 and older), people at higher risk for flu complications, school/parents, health care workers
Refer to this User Guide for an explanation of each toolkit material type and suggestions for how to use them.
Radio ad scripts/On-hold phone message
Social media graphics and text
Social media sample posts
Newsletter & drop-In articles
Infographic: Is it COVID-19 (or is it flu)?
English | Amharic | Arabic | Chinese (simplified)
Chinese (traditional) | Hindi | Khmer (Cambodian) | Korean
Marshallese | Punjabi | Russian | Samoan
Somali | Spanish | Tagalog | Ukrainian | Vietnamese
Frequently Asked Questions
- Washington State Department of Health, Flu Information (KnockOutFlu.org)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Influenza (Flu)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Seasonal Flu Digital Media Toolkit
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Promoting Vaccination in the Workplace
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Influenza Vaccination Week
- Immunity Community Washington, Mobile Clinic Guide
- National Minority Quality Forum and Center for Sustainable Health Care, A Call for Community-Driven Equity in Flu Vaccination communications toolkit