This page is a collection of information for employers and workers in the agriculture industry. These documents were created by the Office of the Governor, the state Department of Labor & Industries, and the state Department of Health.
Rules and Requirements
- Proclamation 20-57, Concerning the Health of Agricultural Workers (pdf) – May 28, 2020. This proclamation requires agricultural employers to comply with all workplace and transportation requirements in the following paragraph. These requirements do not apply to meat or other food processing operations.
- Workplace and Transportation Requirements (pdf) and Interpretive Guidance (pdf)
This document describes the required health and safety measures all agriculture employers must follow. It also covers requirements for employer-provided transportation.
- Temporary Housing Rules (pdf) and Interpretive Guidance (pdf)
This rule describes the additional requirements to protect people who are living in temporary worker housing from COVID-19 exposure.
- Department of Health Guidance: Farm and Agricultural Workers in Washington State (pdf)
- Department of Health: Resources and Recommendations page
- Department of Labor & Industries Fact Sheet: Prevention of COVID-19 in Agriculture and Related Industries (pdf)
- Department of Labor & Industries Fact Sheet: Food Processing-Warehouse (pdf)
- Training: Department of Labor & Industries Presentation on COVID-19 Requirements (ppt) (lesson plan)
- Template: COVD-19 response plan for employers (doc)