This page is a collection of information for employers and workers in the agriculture industry. These documents were created by the Office of the Governor, the state Department of Labor & Industries, and the state Department of Health.
Rules and Requirements
- Proclamation 20-57, Concerning the Health of Agricultural Workers (pdf) – May 28, 2020. This proclamation, which the governor rescinded in July 2021, required agricultural employers to comply with specific COVID-19 health and safety measures.
- Workplace and Transportation Requirements (pdf) and Interpretive Guidance (pdf)
This document describes the required health and safety measures all agriculture employers must follow. It also covers requirements for employer-provided transportation.
- Temporary Housing Rules (pdf) and Interpretive Guidance (pdf)
This rule describes the additional requirements to protect people who are living in temporary worker housing from COVID-19 exposure.
- Department of Health Guidance: Farm and Agricultural Workers in Washington State (pdf)
- Department of Health: Resources and Recommendations page
- Department of Labor & Industries Fact Sheet: Prevention of COVID-19 in Agriculture and Related Industries (pdf)
- Training: Department of Labor & Industries Presentation on COVID-19 Requirements (ppt) (lesson plan)
- Template: COVD-19 response plan for employers (doc)
- Department of Labor & Industries: Safety and Health Discrimination in the Workplace (pdf)