COUNTY STATUS AND WHAT'S OPEN
On May 29, Gov. Inslee announced an updated 4-phase, county-by-county “Safe Start” reopening plan.
Visit the county status page see which phase your county is in.
The What's Open page has an overview of activities allowed during each phase. (This page does not include details about modified phases.)
The state's COVID-19 risk assessment dashboard provides data about COVID-19 activity in each county.
REOPENING GUIDANCE FOR EMPLOYERS
Businesses must be able to meet all safety criteria in order to open.
- Safe Start guidance documents are posted on the governor's website. Additional workplace safety information, including face coverings, is available on our Business & Workers page.
- The state Department of Health also provides guidance and information for businesses, non-profits, service providers, health providers and others.
Have questions or complaints?
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions page
- For workplace safety and health complaints, call the L&I Call Center: 1-800-423-7233
- Ask questions about the Safe Start plan
- If you think a business is not complying with Safe Start guidance, submit an anonymous report. Background: Guidelines for enforcement for the Governor's order (pdf)
Other reopening information
- All essential businesses are allowed to be open including grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations and food producers. You can clarify status, or request inclusion on the list.
- Spiritual and faith-based services for Phase 1, modified Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3
- Before visiting state parks or lands, confirm what's open.
Safe Start infographics
- Printable flyers
- Graphics for social media
Business Signage Toolkit
The Business Signage Toolkit contains resources businesses can download or distribute as needed.