For you and your family

This page contains links to programs and services that may be helpful for Washingtonians who are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. 


How can I get help with my finances? 

How can I get food and housing support?   

The governor has issued a statewide moratorium on evictions of residential tenants for non-payment until June 4.

  • Please visit our food assistance page for detailed information about food resources in Washington. 

  • While the Department of Commerce does not provide direct assistance for obtaining housing, they provide links to several resources on their housing webpage.

What can I do if my landlord evicted me, or threatened to do so?   

How can I sign up for health insurance? 

  • If you or someone you know has recently lost or will be losing health insurance coverage, download the mobile app, WAPlanfinder, or visit to browse health insurance options and get covered.

  • Until May 8, uninsured individuals in Washington State can take advantage of a new special enrollment period, opened by the Washington Health Benefit Exchange in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.  To request this special enrollment, contact an enrollment center, broker, or navigator. Help is also available in over 175 languages at the Healthplanfinder Customer Support Center (1-855-923-4633; TTY: 855-627-9604).

  • For additional information about coverage options, please visit the Washington Health Benefit Exchange Coronavirus FAQ page

How do I sign up for Apple Health (Medicaid)?

  • Apple Health enrollment is open year-round. 
  • The Washington Apple Health temporary eligibility changes due to COVID-19 FAQ is available online in 15 languages.

What about other insurance questions?

  • For information about coverage options if you have lost your job, your employer sponsored coverage, or had a reduction in work hours, please visit the Washington Health Benefit Exchange Coronavirus FAQ Page.
  • To find out about what health insurance covers, read the state insurance emergency order, and learn more about business insurance and travel insurance, visit the Office of the Insurance Commissioner’s COVID-19 webpage.

How can I access the internet from home?  

Many internet service providers are waiving late payment fees and will not disconnect customers for late payments. In addition, some companies are offering free or low-cost internet services. Here are some companies that are offering free or low cost internet services:  

  • Drive-In WiFi Hotspots provide free temporary, emergency internet access for Washingtonians who do not have broadband service to their homes. Access is available to all residents with specific emphasis on remote learning for students. Additionally, this service can be used for job searches, telehealth, telework, unemployment filing, and census participation.

  • Xfinity WiFi public hotspots are now open to everyone.  

  • Comcast is offering two months free to new Internet Essentials customers in their service areas. 

  • AT&T Access offers low-cost internet. 

Where can I find childcare? 

Department of Children, Youth, and Families maintains comprehensive guidance on how to find care for your child during the COVID-19 emergency. Child Care Aware can help you search for alternative childcare if your school or childcare has closed due to COVID-19 concerns. Call their Family Center at 1-800-446-1114 or use their online Child Care Referral Search.

How do I support my children at home? 

DOH provides recommendations and resources for parents and caregivers. Below are additional informational resources for children, youth and families who are impacted by school and childcare closures.  

What resources are available for immigrant community members?

City of Seattle’s Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs is partnering with El Comite and Northwest Immigrant Rights Project. See FAQs for immigrants who want to know more about how the issue of public charge might affect their ability to access healthcare and other services during this COVID-19 outbreak.

United We Dream maintains information on healthcare access for undocumented residents.  

Resources from local government

Your county or city government may offer services and supports for local residents impacted by COVID-19. For contact information for your local county government, visit the Washington Association of County Officials website.  

Scams and rumors

Attorney General Bob Ferguson’s office is investigating complaints of price gouging and scams in the COVID-19 public-health crisis. Washingtonians are able to file a complaint online.


We also need to be vigilant looking for online scams from cybercriminals. WaTech's state Office of Cybersecurity is monitoring all activity and is sharing the latest news, updates and resources.


We now have a Spread the Facts campaign where you can find information about common rumors and help spread the truth about what is happening in Washington State as part of the coronavirus response. 

Health Insurance 

Washington state’s Health Benefit Exchange has opened a special enrollment period. Individuals looking for coverage should call the exchange at 855-923-4633. Depending on their financial situation, they could qualify for reduced premium or free coverage. 

Contact the Office of the Insurance Commissioner for insurance help

Help if you’ve lost your health insurance

Legal aid

Washington Law Help has resources for those looking for legal aid during the coronavirus outbreak. Topics include family law, health issues, housing, financial, criminal, and assistance for seniors. 

Military and Veteran Community Resources 

This guide lists resources specific to our Military and Veteran community that may help us to get through the COVID-19 crisis.

Veterans Homes

Information from the Washington Department of Veterans Affairs for family members and representatives of residents at Washington state Veterans Homes, including FAQs for families wanting to visit a resident and a daily update of staff and residents tested.

Department of Corrections 

Information from the Department of Corrections about the state Corrections Facilities and testing, News Releases, and guidance.